Calista was found wandering the streets, and concerned neighbors called animal control who immediately contacted rescue knowing that she needed to be hospitalized. We didn't have a foster, and we don't have the extra funds to take another special needs rescue, but we don't know how to turn away from this face either. Calista is now in a temporary foster home getting all the love and attention she needs. She is undergoing testing to determine the extent of the damage to her body and receiving special care to begin to gain back weight and her strength slowly.
There are nights when I can't sleep thinking about all those suffering in silence, as Calista was. Together, we need to do more. Please, if you haven't yet made a year end donation, please consider it today for Calista and so many others who are still waiting for that glimmer of hope, that scrap of food...let's find them together.
Please make a donation at http://www.apathwaytohope.org/how-can-you-help.html - no amount is too small because together we save lives, one dollar at a time, one life at a time. Please share Calista's story and help us find her a foster / forever home.
With wishes and hope for a more humane 2016, when we don't have to search for answers to unthinkable inhumanity. Thank you for your hope. Calista thanks you too tonight, as she sleeps in her new sweater on a warm bed with a fully belly.
A Pathway to Hope is a foster based rescue in Northern, NJ dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and adoption of abandoned dogs and cats, with a focus on special needs cases, south to north rescue of northern breed dogs, local rescue of stray cats and all breeds of dogs and community outreach to further the cause of rescue.
We are dedicated to:
- South to north rescue of northern breed dogs
- Local rescue of all breeds with a focus on pitbulls
- Rescuing dogs with special needs, medical concerns or behavior needs, specifically those overlooked as seemingly less adoptable
- Local rescue of stray and feral cats
- Participating in a Feral Cat Safety Initiative including trap, neuter and release, food stations, and housing for inclement weather.
- Educating the community about the need to spay and neuter their pets, proper pet care, and the commitment of caring for an animal for its entire life.
- Support of other rescues through fundraising efforts and facilitating adoptions.
- Networking with other organizations in a effort to save more animals.
- Providing opportunities for pet owners to utilize our obedience and behavioral training resources.
We are a 501c3 organization, all donations are tax deductible
Enter your email address to sign up for our newsletter